- No categories
Christopher acquired Dolphin Architects & Builders in 2014 from Wally Seinsheimer, a long-time friend and mentor.
During his 10 year career with Piggly Wiggly Carolina Company, Christopher served as Director of Real Estate, where he managed $120 million of design and construction projects for the grocery chain, including the acclaimed Newton Farms store in the Freshfields Village retail gateway to Kiawah and Seabrook Islands.
Christopher also served on the 11-member Executive Leadership Team at Piggly Wiggly and held roles as Director of Corporate Affairs and Director of Marketing for the 100-store retail/wholesale grocery chain.
The first ten years of Christopher’s career were spent in the non-profit sector, including services as: Director of Development, Porter-Guad School; Director of Marketing & Development, Charleston Symphony Orchestra; Senior Development Coordinator, March of Dimes Birth Defects Foundation.
Christopher earned an MBA from Duke University and a BS in Geology from The College of William & Mary, where he served as a President’s Aide.
He married Lise Biggerstaff in 1996, and they have a daughter, Emily, and a son, William. Their family is actively involved in Charleston’s Grace Episcopal Church.
Engaged in the community, past and present civic and professional activities for Christopher include:
- President, Coastal Crisis Chaplaincy
- Advisor, The Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond – Charleston Industry Roundtable
- Honorary Commander, 17th Airlift Squadron (USAF), 417th Airlift Wing, Joint Base Charleston
- Founding Director, Palmetto Military Support Group
- Community Investment Review Team member, Trident United Way
- Graduate, Leadership Charleston
- Chairman, South Carolina Retail Association
- Director, Carolinas Food Industry Council
- Retail Design Speaker and Panelist, POPAI Europe – Milan, Italy