Walter Seinsheimer, Jr.
Wally began his career as a homebuilder, rising to President and CEO of the largest homebuilder in Cincinnati, Ohio. In 1965, he moved to the Chelsea Moore Corporation, becoming President and CEO. Its activities include development and management of commercial, industrial, office, and multi-family properties, and home building.
In 1981, Wally moved to South Carolina and formed his own company, building and developing fine custom homes, upscale condominiums and commercial properties. In 1990, Wally founded Dolphin Architects & Builders and has since led the growth of the company to having built more $200 million dollars in fine homes. In addition, in 2001, he and partners developed One Vendue Range, Charleston’s premier condominium residences on Charleston Harbor.
An active philanthropist, Wally’s past and present civic activities include: Chairman, United Way Campaign of Beaufort County; Adjunct Professor of Community Planning, University of Cincinnati; Board Member, Sea Island Habitat for Humanity; Vice President and Director, Spoleto Festival USA; Director, Trident United Way; Board Chair of the Medical University of South Carolina Foundation; Board of Governors, Business School, College of Charleston; Founding Chairman, Trident United Way Day of Caring.
– Honorary Doctorate, Medical University of South Carolina
– Business Committee for the Arts and Forbes Magazine Outstanding Partnerships with the Arts (National Award)
– Trident Community Foundation Corporate Citizens of the Year
– Charleston Chapter APF Corporate Citizen of the Year
– Piccolo Spoleto Lifetime Achievement Award
– Charleston Trident Homebuilders Builder of the Year